When Dad & Ann were here taking care of the kids while we were in WV, Dad decided to take Jaycie shopping for a new dinner bell. Dad DOES NOT like to go shopping... especially in a crowd... but he decided it was worth it... on a Saturday before Christmas... for Jaycie. She wanted to get all dressed up... and off she went on a shopping adventure with her Papa. They went to Target, Pier 1, and the mall... the parking lots were full & the lines were long. Jaycie told her Papa she thought they could check Walmart, too... Dad was in line at the Hallmark store in the mall, prepared to spend $30+ on a crystal bell so he could avoid going to Walmart... when he saw the Kirklands across the hall. Dad said that by that point, he would have given the Salvation Army bell ringer $100 for his bell to avoid walking in Walmart. In Kirklands, there was one bell left... no price tag... no box... he waited in line again, waited for them to search for the UPC code, waited for them to find a box... to find out the price was $2.99!!! SOLD!!! Jaycie is now the proud owner of another dinner bell... and every time she hands it to Jacob to ring, he promises "I not break this one, Jaycie."
These are the little things you remember from childhood... I remember always wanting to play the music box at my great-grandmother's house (which I now have)... and I know Jaycie will remember her special dinner bell, received from a special shopping adventure with her Papa.

.jpg)
2 comments:
What a fantastic story! Papa's are wonderful, and Jaycie will never forget any of this. What a great memory.
That is precious!! I am glad there is a new dinner bell. And I like it too! You can't beat that for $2.99! Good ol' Kirklands.
Post a Comment