Wednesday, December 3, 2008

JINGLE

It is official, our Elf on the Shelf is back!!!! Last year, an early present arrived on our door step from Santa... our very own family elf! We adopted him and the kids decided to name him Jingle... everyone else in our family has a "J" name... so the kids decided Jingle should, too. (Well, everyone except our pooch... but we got him before we got married and the "J" theme hadn't even crossed our minds at that point...)

Jessica & Jaycie began wondering at Halloween (??) when Jingle would arrive. Well... he arrived as soon as we set up our tree... before we even decorated it! What a surprise! Jaycie spotted him immediately and he has found a new hiding spot every night since. Jamie & Jacob love finding him this year, too... the 2nd morning after his return, Jamie cried b/c he was not in the same spot... she said "He not here anymore... he went home to Santa..." But, she was delighted again when she found him!

Jingle has Christmas magic and flies home to the North Pole every night to give a report to Santa on the kids' behavior for the day. He returns before anyone wakes up and finds a new spot to hide. I am amazed that the twins actually get this... as Jamie was ugly to Jacob in school one day and I made her come home to tell Jingle... and she cried when we told him. So... if Jingle helps the kids to remember to be on their best behavior... he is welcome ANYTIME!!

Welcome Back, Jingle!!

1 comment:

Elysa Henegar said...

Jennifer! Love the blog! The photographs are fantastic.:) Now that I've discovered your blog, I'll have to subscribe so I can keep up with you that way. Hope all is well for you!
We have a blog too, by the by...
http://threeringcircus.wordpress.com