Our week of Christmas was very nice... and BUSY! Jessica spent one day at horse camp with friends... which she of course, LOVED. The girls went to a sleepover party... the twins had playdates... we made a trip to Chuck-E-Cheese to meet friends... James & I had a double date w/friends, going out to dinner and to see "Four Christmases"... we prepared for Christmas... wrapped presents... and had lots of family come to visit (and have more on the way this week!)
We went to the Children's Candle Light Christmas Eve service at church. I love this service... and the girls couldn't wait for Communion and the lighting of the candles! Jaycie was most excited about having Communion... which made me excited... I loved explaining it to her... her questions... and responses. This was my chance to sit still, be quiet, listen, and remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas, to celebrate the birth of Jesus... the greatest gift ever!
Anne & Jimmy (James' parents) & the kids
Jessica's choir sang during the service...
'Twas the night before Christmas, and... Hunter, our neighbor, came over to exchange gifts... and he gave Jacob pajamas to match his. Jacob LOVED them and he wore them all day. I convinced him to change for church, but it was right back into his "jamas like Hunter's" when we got home. We made our own Reindeer Food... Jessica likes to give them a lot b/c she thinks they are starving from such a long journey... put out cookies, a candy cane, eggnog, and pictures colored for Santa... the kids opened presents from mommy & daddy... then the children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of sugar plums danced in their heads...

Singing along to Hannah Montana...
Christmas morning... Santa visited!!
The new playhouse is a bit hit!
Christmas with Jessica this year was different... as my oldest baby girl is growing up. She asked for an IPOD... which she LOVES... and curled up on her new horse pillow and listened quietly for hours. She wasn't interested in the other kids' toys... she was happy to be in her own world. I know this is just a glimpse of the years to come... and I don't think I am ready...
Along with Anne & Jimmy, James' sister & her family came to visit. The kids have so much fun playing with their cousins, Grant & Sage. I took all of the older kids to see "Marley & Me"... I had read the book while at Dad's house and it was a wonderful book. The movie doesn't quite do the book justice... I highly recommend the book! The kids liked the movie... but at the end, I was in tears and Jessica was sobbing... we both knew the story, she had read the kid's version of the novel. James & Uncle Chris also took the kids bowling... they had a great time! Fortunately, it has also been warm enough that the kids have been able to enjoy being outside... enjoying some of their new toys!

Jamie's first time on her big bike... she was so proud when we put the training wheels back on Jaycie's old bike... she hopped right on and took off... she is so happy to be a big girl like her sisters!
Daddy & Jacob work on his swing... think I better get my dad here to help with this ;)
Jaycie & Sage
We also have two canine visitors this week... Cody (Border Terrier) and Dempsy (Beagle)... my sister's dogs are visiting while they are in Florida. Needless to say, Jessica has been in HEAVEN having two extra pooches to care for!!! Even Jamie is enjoying having them here... I thought she would be nervous around them b/c she usually does not like dogs other than Baron... but I guess since they are smaller than her and don't jump... they are good in her book. Baron is doing well around them, too... fortunately, they all get along well!





.jpg)
2 comments:
What wonderful memories! Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad that you all enjoyed a great Christmas!
You guys had a great Christmas!! I love that Hunter and Jacob have matching pjs...so special and precious. They are like brothers!
The Santoscoys are special neighbors, indeed!
Post a Comment