Today is only Tuesday, and we have been to the dentist's office three times this week. Me, Jessica, & Jaycie had regular dentist appointments yesterday. Jamie & Jacob ended up having to come with us... imagine carrying in a double stroller to set up in the way too small exam room. I could not roll the stroller in b/c it doesn't fit and we ended up having to move furniture in the exam room to set it up. What else was I supposed to do with two 2 yr olds while I am laying in the dentist chair? The girls do great at the office and the twins were actually very interested and asked 2000 questions. ANYWAY... they wanted Jessica to come back to have sealant put on her 6 yr molars to prevent cavities. They didn't have another appointment until after school starts, but they did have a cancellation later that morning and could do it then. So, we all piled back in the van, ran a few errands, then went back to the dentist office. Fortunately, we were only there 30 minutes and we could wait in the waiting room while they took care of Jessica... no carrying in of the stroller this time! So, I think we are done at the dentist office for another 6 months... wrong. Yesterday afternoon, Jamie was riding on one Jacob's toy dump trucks (not one that is meant to be ridden)... the dump truck stops, she does not... and she goes mouth first into the hardwood floors. Her lip swells up and I think her tooth just cut her lip, until she complains this morning about her tooth hurting. I look in her mouth and her tooth is loose and her gums are blue. We call the dentist's office... back we go. Fortunately, since she watched me and Jaycie yesterday... she is comfortable in the exam chair, let's them look all in her mouth and even lets them take an x-ray. The good news is that it should be fine. Her tooth may turn grey, but unless it causes her pain, they will leave it in place. Her root does not look damaged and the permanent tooth developing looks normal, too. THANK GOODNESS! New house rule... no more riding on the dump truck!
Now... I am waiting for the fence man to show up & waiting for the AC man to show up... our upstairs AC stopped working last night. James wants me to somehow find time during the day to go pick out the brick for the fence? Don't know when that will happen???
.jpg)
1 comment:
Wow. what a week of Dentist appts! I am glad Jamie is ok and was comfortable in the chair - after the many visits. That is scary.
Post a Comment