Thursday, July 3, 2008

Packing... Ugh!

I'll admit... I hate packing. Not only do I have to pack my stuff... I have to pack Jessica, Jaycie, Jamie, & Jacob's stuff (and sometimes even stuff for the dog... although that is usually James' job). You can imagine... I'll spend 2 FULL days washing clothes and packing before a trip. Not only do I have the stress of packing... I add the stress of getting my house clean. For whatever reason, I HAVE to have a clean house before I leave for a trip. So... before trips, I am running around like a crazy woman. I am sure James would prefer to stay at work the night before we leave for a trip... he is helpful, but would prefer to not be around. I am like a Nazi. Same for packing to come home... I really need to calm down about the whole process.

Despite all of this... I do love travelling... and I enjoy visiting my family & friends and all of my kids like visiting people... they get so excited before a trip! Since we have 4 more trips planned this summer... I have a plan (I know many of you are laughing... when don't I have a "plan" - again, I need to learn to let some things go!). I finally typed up a packing list for each kid (versus writing my list every time)... and I gave Jessica her list!!! Well, she packed her bag last night for our trip to the mountains (she is staying an extra week after we come home to get some "spoiling" from Papa & Memommy). She did AWESOME!! Why didn't I think of this sooner? One less bag I have to pack! I double-checked her bag... and she got everything in there! YIPPEE... now I cannot wait for Jaycie to be able to read her list... then I'll be down to just 2 kiddos & myself to pack for!!

No comments: