When school started, we decided that we would dedicate Friday nights as "Family Fun Friday" with the girls! On Fridays, after we put the twins down, we usually watch a movie or play games together... and of course, enjoy a special treat (usually ice cream). We have tried to do similar nights in the past, but it never stuck... so now, it is written on the calendar. The first few weeks, I reminded the girls... now they remind me. This Friday night, Jessica picked "The Lion King" - which we haven't seen in a long time. The Friday before... Jaycie wanted to scrapbook!!! It is nice having that special time together every week to look forward to!
Bright & early this morning, James & Jaycie headed to Raleigh for the day to watch some Wolfpack football! We couldn't get childcare worked out and I feel like I am finally getting the house somewhat organized again after being gone all summer & didn't really want to travel the entire weekend... so I decided to stay here. We have tickets for a game in November and James' parents will come here to keep the kids! For this game, Jaycie decided she wanted to go with Daddy (once we told her there would probably be doughnuts at the tailgate party... she was ready to go!) The weather is perfect today & it just doesn't get better than this... especially since the Wolfpack just won in OT!!!! Sorry, Shannon & Brad... well, not really ;)
So... I took Jessica, Jamie & Jacob to the Farmer's Market this morning to pick out pumpkins. We just got small ones and will go back later with Jaycie to get the ones we will carve. This weather just makes me want to head to the pumpkin farm... I love it! We also stopped by Target looking for a Spiderman costume to fit Jacob (they were all too big)... and headed to the park for a picnic. It has been a nice, relaxing weekend! But, I am certainly looking forward to next weekend... a MUCH needed, long weekend w/girlfriends at the beach!
.jpg)
1 comment:
Sometimes we all need a weekend like that. We need to go get our pumpkins too.
Post a Comment