Friday, September 5, 2008

First Day of Preschool!

Today was Jamie & Jacob's first day of preschool! They both did AWESOME! I thought Jamie would do well, but I was not sure how Jacob would react b/c we have had some separation issues with him this summer. When we got to school, I told them that Mrs. Floyd was waiting for them & had a hug for them... and Jacob walked in with his arms wide open!!! I snapped a couple of pictures then gave them a quick kiss good-bye, and they were happy. What a relief! Fortunately, we had a classroom visit last week, where the parents stayed to play and help everyone get to know each other... plus, their teacher came by for a home visit to get to know them better before school started... which certainly helped ease their transition. I did go by later in the morning to peek at them - Jamie was sitting at the table playing with play dough and Jacob was hanging out on the reading mat with the other little fellas in the class! When I picked them up, they were both very happy & said that they wanted to go back!




As for me... well, the first thing I did was to swing by Starbucks... then I got my hair cut (almost 5 inches cut off!)... then I had time to stop by a children's clothing store to pick the outfits I want them to wear for portraits later this fall... met with the preschool director (to train her to use Jacob's Epi-pen)... and had time to spare! It was awesome! I remember when Jessica was 2 yrs old and I first dropped her off at preschool... we were both in tears. She was crying, "Mommy, please don't leave me!" (Yeap, dramatic even then.) Well, me being pregnant with Jaycie & very hormonal, I cried my eyes out the entire morning. Today was a different story... I was so happy that they are old enough for preschool! Plus... since they will be going 2 mornings/week, I'll actually have some time to volunteer at the girls' elementary school - and get an occasional hair cut ;) YIPPEE!

3 comments:

Kayne and Thomas said...

You go!! I can't believe you got so much done during your three hour break! That is awesome. I am glad the first day went well for all of you. The twins will enjoy Mrs. Floyd. AG enjoyed her a lot. She is very sweet.
I can't wait to see your new haircut!

McQueens said...

I'm so gald you are getting some time to yourself. I bet the haircut suits your perfectly. Can't wait to see it. I'm so happy the twins like school.

Julie, Robert and Luke said...

Julie LeMaster here. I just found your blog. We have one, but I need to be better at updating it. We need to talk because Luke has the same allergy issues. We see the doc on a regular basis. At first he was tested and found to be allergic to nuts, eggs, pork, chicken, beef...you name it. I couldn't figure out what to feed him. So, we need to trade stories!!!