Since the girls started school, the twins and I have been able to do some fun outings together. Dare I say, things are "easy" with just two kids at home during the day? Jamie & Jacob are at a great age... they entertain each other and usually play well together. Getting in/out of places has also gotten significantly easier since I don't always have to take a double stroller. Plus, they still nap at least 2 hours a day... which means I have a little peace & quiet! In the mornings, we try to do something fun. We have been to the park for a picnic, met their preschool teachers & friends, been bowling with our playgroup (the twins first time!), and today... we visited a miniature horse farm!
They liked bowling... Jamie was requesting a pink bowling ball before we even got to the bowling alley. She has never even seen a bowling alley before, so how she knew there would be a pink ball is beyond me (if I had to guess, I would say Jessica & Jaycie gave her the tip). Well, fortunately, there were pink balls... several of them... which was good b/c that, of course, seemed to be the color of choice for all the 2 yr old girls there. Jacob could really have cared less what color bowling ball he used... as long as it was his turn to bowl!
Notice that Jamie & Jacob NEVER look at the camera at the same time...
I think they have some sort of unspoken pact.
The horse farm was fun... and boy did a lot of kiddos show up! When we first got there, they had "Sparkles" out... she let all the kids swarm around her, brush her & pet her. Jamie & Jacob both took turns brushing her - until she neighed - then Jamie started crying and wouldn't go near her again.
Pretending to drive the "Rhino" and the 4-wheeler was a big hit with all the kids.
But... climbing on the fence seemed to be the most entertaining...
Jamie & Jacob will start preschool TOMORROW!!!! I am so excited! I think Jamie is ready... she walks around the house with her book bag singing about going to school like Jaycie. I'm not so sure about Jacob... his reply is "I don't want to go to school." We will see... I do think they have an awesome little class and the twins already know a few friends in there, which should help smooth the transition.
As for now... I have less than an hour left before Jessica & Jaycie get home from school & the twins wake up. I go from peace & quiet... to 4 little tornadoes running thru the house. Whew!
.jpg)
1 comment:
Too precious! We had fun at the horse farm with you today. Glad I got to see you! AG did miss Jaycie. She came up to me and said, "Jaycie's not here because she is in Kindergarten, mommy."
Post a Comment