Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our Adventures In Eleven Years!

James & I celebrated our 11 year anniversary this past weekend!!! When I think back over the time, all I can say is that we have had a very busy & adventurous 11 years! We met in 1995 at NCSU... and the rest is history. Three major moves, two dogs, and four children later... here we are! A few pictures highlighting our life together (forgive the graininess... I didn't make the switch to digital until mid-2006!):

Spring 1996 - College Graduation!

Fall 1996 - Engagement & our first "children" ... Well Spencer, my crazed JRT, was mine from college... we chose Baron, our boxer, together.


October 1997 - Our Wedding! I can't believe Lyda & Alex are taller than I am now... hmm...

Our Honeymoon in Boulder, CO... skiing, horseback riding in the snow, visiting Rocky Mountain National Park, hiking...

1999 - Our First Trip to Cancun, Mexico... our last big trip before the kiddos came along!


Before having children, James & I loved traveling (mostly quick weekend trips)... Charleston, SC... New Orleans... a cruise in the Caribbean... Cancun... We enjoyed white water rafting, camping, hiking, skiing, four-wheeling on the NC beaches during the off-season, attending ALL the NCSU home football games... ahhhhh! Then, our adventures really began when along came...

June 2000 - Jessica Anne... She was our little doll baby... easy, loving, sweet, charming... we were so in love!

April 2003 - Jaycie Elizabeth... From Day 1... Jaycie could melt our hearts...

February 2006 - Jamie Leigh & Jacob Michael... Ahh... we knew it wouldn't be easy this time around... but thanks to the help of MANY friends & family... we survived the first year... with very little sleep!

Our family is complete & our adventures continue...


With the kids... our quick weekend trips are to visit family & friends. We spend our family vacations at the beach with wonderful friends. We will probably venture again to Disney in the next couple of years. Our lives have changed a lot in the past 11 years... we have many blessings to count and every day seems to be an adventure of some sort. I can't wait to see what adventures the next 11 years hold for our family... maybe camping again now that the twins are older? We would love to go to Niagara Falls, skiing out west again, on an Alaskan cruise... who knows? We did make it back to Cancun last year to celebrate 10 year anniversaries with our closest friends.

2007 - Back to Cancun!

We are truly blessed... and I am thankful for my husband, our children, our family, and our friends... and all of our past, present, and future adventures together!

2 comments:

Kayne and Thomas said...

Wow! I love all of the pictures of you guys!! Happy 11 years!!! I love it! I especially love the first family pic of you, James and the dogs. Barron is such a young pup. Precious! All of your children are beautiful. You are blessed!!

McQueens said...

I LOVE this post. It's great seeing your pictures througout your marraige and birth of children. I sure hope Steve and I can make it to year 11! Sometimes, I wonder if that is possible. Happy Anniversary