Monday, October 6, 2008

A Nice Weekend

Dad & Ann (aka... Papa & Memommy) came to visit us this weekend and we had a great time. The kids love when they come to visit. After getting all the kiddos off to school on Friday, Ann & I went to the local Christmas Show at the Civic Center and we both picked up several Christmas gifts and a goodie or two for ourselves. Friday night we had our usual Family Fun Night... where Jaycie beat us all at Disney Bingo. Saturday morning we took the kids to a local cornfield maze. The weather was beautiful... the maze was trickier than we thought and after finding 7/10 clues... me, Dad, and the kids took an "emergency exit" while James and Ann completed the maze. We enjoyed a picnic lunch & a wagon ride... Jessica spent the majority of her time petting their horses.
The kids were energetic at the beginning of the maze...
tired when we took our "exit"...

The Wagon Ride

Jaycie (front), Jamie & Jacob (back) liked their ride on the cow train.

On Saturday night, Dad & Ann volunteered to watch the kids so James & I could actually have a date! We had a wonderful dinner... we planned to go to a late movie afterwards, but came home and crashed instead. Guess we are showing our age ;)

Date Night!!

On Sunday, while the twins were napping... Ann & I took the girls to the Farmer's Market. We were able to eat hot boiled peanuts! Boy, do I miss eating them! Poor Jacob will probably never get the pleasure... we also let the girls pick out a few more "baby" pumpkins & gourds and I picked up some mums for the front porch. I love the fall!

Dad & Ann left this morning after the kids were all off to school. Jaycie has been into writing little notes lately and she probably gave them one every other hour this weekend. When the kids got home from school, they each had a special little note waiting in their rooms from Papa & Memommy... it made their day!

3 comments:

Kayne and Thomas said...

What a special visit! You always do such fun, family things. I love it. I am glad you and James had a nice dinner date night. You deserved it.

The Severances said...

Hey! I found your blog through Courtney's! What a fun visit with family. There are such fun things to do in the fall! I will get your email address tomorrow and invite you to my blog!

McQueens said...

I like the corn maze, glad you guys had fun. I;m glad you and Hubby got to enjoy a nice dinner. See you Friday at the Halloween party