Monday, October 13, 2008

It's A Zoo Around Here

Most days at our house feel like a zoo... we have monkeys that swing on furniture, bears that growl when grumpy, birds that sing when happy, elephants that throw mud all around, meerkats that insist on climbing on top of you & invading your personal space, and turtles that move slowly when you have somewhere to go... just to name a few. But, this weekend we went to the real zoo and had a great time. We hesitated to go because they were calling for rain... but we decided to give it a try anyway. Fortunately, it did not rain... and thankfully, it was nice & cool... and not crowded at all. Perfect for our family! For the first time, we actually did not even take a stroller (A MAJOR MILESTONE FOR US!!!) The kids had a great time... so did James & I... there were no tears, no meltdowns, no temper tantrums... everyone was very happy & listened very well. What an awesome time!
Afterwards, we had dinner with Stephen, Elise, Anson, & Ethan! We had not seen them in four years... and wow, have the boys grown! I actually met Stephen & Elise (and lived with them) when I did a summer internship in Virginia while in college. Shortly afterwards, they moved to SC... so we have not gotten to see each other often. It was great catching up! Thanks for a great evening!!
Our Four Little Monkeys

Feeding the Lorakeets - On Jessica's Favorites List

Jamie giving the tiger some "wub."
After every exhibit, Jamie would say "Mommy, I wub them."

Four of the five lion cubs at the zoo! I imagine my four are a little easier to handle!

He looks like he has lost a lot in the stock market, too.

Yeap, it is a real lizard... Jessica found him in S&E's backyard and she played with him for a long time. I am surprised she didn't ask to bring him home.

Like I said... It's a zoo around here!

2 comments:

Kayne and Thomas said...

Great pictures of the kids at the zoo. Especially the first one!! I love it!!

Rebecca said...

Glad you had FUN at the zoo- I bet it was soo nice to go without the stroller=) Enjoyed seeing you this AM!! Tallon is always talking about Jacob!