Our morning started early... Jessica's alarm went off at 6:15. She was quick to rise and actually quick to get ready (she is usually slow at getting ready)... she wanted to beat Jaycie. Jaycie's alarm went off at 6:30 and she slept right thru it. We woke her up and she would have been happy to roll back over and go to sleep... but once her feet hit the floor, she got ready quickly (which is normal). They were both excited before we left.

The girls get a hug and kiss from Daddy.

At school, we took Jessica to her class first... she has Mrs. Fowler. Jessica reluctantly gave in to my photo requests, gave me a quick good-bye (no kiss this year, just a hug), and then gave me a look like... "Mom, you can go already." Jaycie was next... she paraded through the halls like a pro! Her teacher is Mrs. Greenwood. Jaycie happily gave in to my photo requests, I got to help her get situated, and I got a hug & kiss good-bye! When I got up to leave, Jaycie looked a bit worried (for the first time during this process)... I asked her what was wrong and she said "Mommy, I don't know what to do." It made me wish I could sit with her and hold her hand all day. I got her started on the puzzle her teacher had given her and then promised her that Mrs. Greenwood would let her know what she was supposed to do. Then, she worriedly asked... "But mom, what if she asks me to spell a spelling word and I don't know how?" Sometimes, having an older sibling at school doesn't necessarily make it easier! I reassured her that there would be no spelling words today - then she smiled, relieved, and was good to go! What a cutie!


When they got off the bus this afternoon, Jaycie was all smiles and ran home... sharing all the details of her day. Things like... there are 2 slides on her playground, she met lots of nice friends, she shared her pizza with a friend (I told her she needs to eat her own food!), everyone in her class is a little bit taller than her (but we agreed that there were perks to being the most petite!), recess was her favorite, she didn't like quiet time but her teacher told her she didn't have to go to sleep, they read "The Kissing Hand", she brought home homework for ME to do (really), she LOVED the bus ride, and she can't wait to go back tomorrow. Jessica has always been a little more reluctant to give details... she answers only what you ask. But, she likes her teacher, met new friends, and had a great day. I am so glad they both had a great first day!

.jpg)
2 comments:
That is precious. What a sweet post. I am glad the girls had a great day at school today. They look so cute!! Jaycie looks precious - especially walking off the BIG school bus!
I can't believe Hazel will be going o kindergarten at "big school" next year. It looks like Jaycie & Jessica had a great first day of school. Hope this week goes well too!
Post a Comment