The kids and I spent last week back home with family and friends. We had a great time... but we are exhausted. We did VBS at our old church... the theme was Cosmic City and the girls had a blast. Me & Tammy were 3rd grade leaders (Jessica's crew) and had a blast catching up... I miss you, Tammy! The twins were in the nursery and not very happy about it... Mom stayed home on Friday and kept them with her... they were relieved not to have to return to the nursery. Mom did bring them for the closing ceremony Friday afternoon and they loved watching their sisters sing.
Me & Tammy prepare to blast off at Cosmic City VBS!

Madison & Jessica
Jaycie experiments at science lab during VBS!
We also caught up with friends at lunch & met a couple of new babies friends have had this summer (yes, I got my baby fix)! One evening, we were able to go to the rodeo. We took the girls every summer, but this was the twins first time... Jacob's favorite part was the John Deere tractor. He did say he wanted to ride a bull... I quickly informed him that he would never get to do that ;) Donnie & Linda were able to meet us there (my godparents)... it is always nice to see them! Fortunately, we will be able to see them some this fall b/c we will be able to make it to a few home NCSU football games (GO PACK!).
Papaw, Nana, and the kids before the rodeo!
Jacob keeps his eye on the tractor before the rodeo.
We also celebrated birthdays... mine, Shelly's (my sister), and Sydney's (my niece). Sydney is changing so quickly and we miss seeing you guys on a regular basis... for Shelly's birthday, I gave her a frame with pictures of Sydney I took back in May when they came to visit. We babysat Sydney one night and I was able to snap some pictures... I have had a hard time keeping that quiet.
My favorite picture... Sydney at 9 months old (May 2008) 
Finally, this weekend was a chance for the girls to spend time with their best friends. Jaycie had a sleepover with Emma... her best little buddy since birth. They really miss each other (Shannon has the pictures on her camera, so I can't post them). Then Madison was able to come have a sleepover with Jessica while Jaycie went to Hannah's 6th birthday party sleepover. The girls had a great time with their friends!
Jessica & Madison strike a pose...
Thank you, Mom & Jim, for taking great care of us all week! Jacob still talks about his monster truck he picked out with his Papaw! I am sure it will be what he talks about the whole trip up next time we visit... so keep it in the prized spot on the toy shelf!
We had a really nice time... but were happy to come home and sleep in our own beds. I am exhausted and trying to catch up on some much needed sleep before we leave tomorrow for our last trip of the summer... back to the beach!
1 comment:
What a fun week for everyone....Happy Birthday and great job with your nieces picture. You always take great photos. The VBS looked fun too and the rodeo. Now, I guess it's time for "school mode" Hope to see ya'll soon!
Post a Comment