Thursday, February 25, 2010

Too Much Horseplay...

Last night, Jessica and I were goofing around... we both ended up falling... and my knee landed on the back of her lower leg. She was hurt and I felt horrible. We propped up her leg and applied ice... but she was still in a lot of pain an hour later. I took her to urgent care for an x-ray... fortunately they said there was no break. So... she wakes up this morning and still cannot put ANY weight on her leg. She stays home from school today and we ice her leg all morning. I really wanted another opinion, so I talked with a friend and he said he would take a look at her and the x-rays... on his afternoon off (thank you, thank you, thank you!) Fortunately, he confirmed that there is no break... and he said her tendons are fine, too. She has a contusion and he can feel the knot in her leg, which explains her pain. They put her in a removable/partial cast... and now she can walk! She should be good to go back to school tomorrow... and will only have to wear the cast until she can comfortably walk without it. She chose a paw print cast... she was delighted to see that as an option! We are VERY thankful that this will heal on its own & that she doesn't have any broken bones!

1 comment:

MJ said...

Hi Jennifer
I'm glad that she didn't break anything and will heal on its own.

Hope she gets better soon.

MJ