Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Conversations

Jacob LOVES to talk! More so than all of the girls, combined... seriously. I never imagined that HE would be our talker, especially since he pretty much didn't talk at all until he was 2 yrs old... but since he started, he hasn't stopped.
Yesterday at breakfast:
Jacob (with an uneaten bagel & fruit on his plate): "Mommy, can I have some yogurt?"
Me: "After you eat what I have already made for you."
Jacob: "But I want yogurt now..."
Me: "When you finish eating what I have already given you."
Jacob: "Mommy, you don't take very good care of me!??!"
Me: Laughing too hard to reply...
Jacob's conversation with Santa at the mall before Christmas... he didn't start with hi... or Merry Christmas... or a list of items he wanted for Christmas...
Jacob: "Santa, how did you get here? Where is your sleigh?"
Santa: "They dropped me off and went back to the North Pole to work."
Jacob: "Oh!"
This morning:
Jacob: "Mommy, does Jesus live in heaven?"
Me: "Yes, he also lives in your heart!"
Jacob, tapping his chest: "Well, I don't feel him in there..."
And... Jamie & Jacob's conversation while playing house... I love listening to their conversations together and how Jamie answers Jacob's many questions... Jamie was the Mommy, Jacob was the Daddy, and they were carrying a baby doll...
Jamie: "Jacob, we are on our way to heaven."
Jacob: "Why are we going to heaven?"
Jamie: "Because our baby is sick and God will make her better."
Jacob: "How long will it take us to get there?"
Jamie: "About 9 minutes."