After multiple ear infections (and more doctor visits than I can count this season)... Jacob had tubes put in his ears on Tuesday... a day after his birthday... sorry, buddy. Jaycie had tubes put in when she was 14 months old, so we know what a world of difference they can make. We had to wake him up at 4:45 am... to be at the hospital by 5:15 am... for surgery at 7:30 am??? Anyway, he did pretty well. He did NOT like having to put on the hospital gown (who does?)... but he was happy as a clown when he realized that his bed moved up and down. He was even more excited when he realized his bed had wheels and he got to go for a ride... in the elevator! The entire time the bed was moving, he sat straight up and grinned from ear to ear. The actual procedure took less than 20 minutes, he had a wonderful ENT, and all of the hospital staff took such great care of him. When he woke up from the anesthesia... he was MAD... so we didn't get any pictures of him after the surgery. I knew he was happier when he started playing with the buttons on the hospital bed again. After we left the hospital, we stopped by the store so he could pick out a new truck for being so good... and we were home before 10 am. He was grumpy most of that day... but was back to normal Tuesday night just in time to take Jaycie to her first soccer practice and have dinner at Moe's. Hopefully, this will alleviate his ear infections and our continuous doctor visits... but Jamie is on ear infection #4 this season... so she may be next. Time will tell.
"My own remote!"



.jpg)
3 comments:
Such a sweet little boy. I am glad the tubes went well and that is behind you.
Your posts are always SO wonderful! I am so glad things went well, and that it is behind him. I cannot believe how BIG your BABIES are!!!! They are all so precious and they all look SO much alike! Miss you guys!
S
Glad everything went well...I hope he gets to feeling better with the tubes
Post a Comment