We have been keeping busy... as always! James took Jacob to the Monster Truck Show... rednecks in the making! If there is one thing my little man loves... it is trucks... monster trucks... garbage trucks... fire trucks... dump trucks... delivery trucks... tanker trucks... you get the point. That is all he talks about in the car... we drive down the road and he tells me EVERY type of truck we see! So, the Monster Truck Show was his thing... he loved it. He ran around the house for days before the show announcing in a growly voice... "I'm going to the Monster Truck Show, man!" Ever since... he has been lining up his hot wheel cars, and running them over with his monster trucks.



We also met Maria & Anderson at WINK pottery... the kids had so much fun and Anderson is the cutest little guy! They painted a fish, a horse, and a monster truck (guess who picked that one?) Of course, we headed to lunch afterwards... they recently moved here from Raleigh... so Maria & I have a lot in common and I am SO THANKFUL she is here! I know James is, too b/c I was driving him crazy.


Something new for us... SOCCER! Jaycie asked to play (from ballerina to soccer player)... and since Troy, our neighbor, told us he would be her coach & she would be on Hunter's team... we signed her up. She is doing so well and seems to really like it. She is the type of kid that is happy doing anything... I think she really wanted a reason to have more time to play with Hunter b/c now she tells me that they need to spend time practicing together... hmmm ;)
Londa gives Jaycie some tips before her first practice! 


James & Jaycie before the first big game!
.jpg)
Jaycie's first soccer game was actually on Valentine's Day. That morning... the kids opened their Valentine Bags... we made them at home and then they put notes to each other in there all week. There were also cards from family and special treats from Mommy & Daddy in their bags... they loved these! One other tradition we have is that we decorate their doors! They loved it! We went to dinner at our friends' house... the kids (big and small) had a blast. The next night, James and I had a quiet steak dinner after the kids went to bed... it was SO good... we will definitely head back to the NY Butcher Shop!
Heart shaped Jell-O Jigglers... awww...
Jamie, Jessica, Jaycie, Jacob, Colin, & Anderson
And most recently... skate night! I was supposed to take the girls when the boys went to the truck show, but Jessica was sick. So... we went this weekend. And... it was supposed to be our family night... BUT the twins were AWFUL at nap time and lost their privilege to go. James QUICKLY volunteered to be the one to "miss out" and stay home with the twins... so I took Jessica & Jaycie. They had a lot of fun... and even more fun when they saw friends from our neighborhood. The girls did the skate race... (in the girl 8 & under category). That is what the video below is from. One thing I will say... that is the Friday night hang out for kids in middle school and I am REALLY NOT READY for that stage. I am sure I will be one of those over protective moms sitting in the corner pretending to read a book... for now, I am very happy they are at the stage where they want me to be their "skate partner" and when they wave at me across the rink to make sure I am watching!Check out the carpet on the wall... whew...


Skate Race...
.jpg)
2 comments:
How fun! It looks like the girls did great at skating!! I am glad you got to go and enjoy yourselves. And I am glad Jaycie is enjoying soccer!! She looks like a natural. We look forward to her coming to play this week! AG is FINALLY Better!!
What cute kids you are hanging out with these days!!! :0) We are thrilled to have you guys around too!
Post a Comment