One of my New Year's Resolutions is to run the Cooper River Bridge 10K in Charleston this spring! Well... for those who know me well, I am NOT a runner (wish I was)... but I am a goal oriented person... so along came the plan to run the 10K. I've got to run on a regular basis to train for a 10K... so here I am. Well, last Saturday I ran in the Polar Bear 5K with my friend, Leslie (thanks for keeping me going!) We had SO much fun... the race was on a trail vs. pavement, and I loved it. Our time was 38:45... not bad considering it is only my second 5K ever and the first one was before the twins came along. So... we are motivated (Leslie is running the bridge run with me)... and we are running! Many congrats to our friend, Jennifer N., who won an award for our age group (and thanks for cheering us on at the finish line)!
it’s nothing
7 months ago
.jpg)
4 comments:
Yeah for Jennifer! Any chance you guys are looking for company on your long runs. Let's talk about it Wed.
What a neat goal! I grew up in Charleston, so I have driven (not run:)) across that bridge many, many times. Kuddos to you for the effort!:)
Great!! Charleston should be great! Thanks for all your prayers. The pictures of the children are beautiful.
Hey Jennifer, I am planning to run this and am also in training. :) I know you'll do great! Good luck!
Christy
Post a Comment