Saturday, April 4, 2009

2009 Cooper River Bridge Run

WOW!!! What an AWESOME experience!!! It was my New Year's Resolution to run the 2009 Cooper River Bridge 10K Run in Charleston, SC... and I did it!!! MANY thanks to Angie & Leslie for encouraging me, keeping me motivated & running with me every step of the way over the past several months... to James for his confidence in me and his many words of encouragement... to Troy for training with me the last week when everyone else got sick... to Dad & Ann for loving on the kids while we were in Charleston... to Janet & Samantha for motivating me in the first place... and to Meredith, my first running partner EVER... I MISS YOU! There were over 38,000 people running in the race and it was an amazing experience! The weather was absolutely PERFECT, the crowd was hyped up, and the after party was BIG! The guys ran in the group ahead of us and James finished in 58 minutes... the girls finished in 66 minutes! Here are some pics... you know I wouldn't go w/o a camera!
An early welcome...
Troy, James, & Trey (a.k.a. Irene... you had to be there)
Me, Leslie, & Angie ready for the START!
(Our shirts say "Does this shirt make my butt look fast?"...
We got GREAT comments about them... thanks, Angie!)
Our place in line... you can see the START... WAY up ahead!
The people waiting to start... behind us!
Beginning the ascent onto the BRIDGE!
The many folks behind us beginning the ascent...
Still climbing the bridge... I LOVED IT!
The FINISH line is IN SIGHT!!!!!
After the race...
Angie, Leslie, me, James, & Troy
(Trey left us all in the dust...)
Meredith & Me
I caught up w/Mer after the race... a DEAR friend from home...
I MISS YOU, GIRL!
Did I say I LOVED IT!!!!! Sign me up for 2010... under 1 hr!!!! It was QUITE THE EXPERIENCE!!!! :o)

3 comments:

Three Guys And A Chick said...

WOW!!!! You are awesome!!!! I am proud of you!!
Maria

Anonymous said...

Troy loved it also!!! Great pictures!! You did a great job!!

Londa

Anonymous said...

You go girl! The weather was perfect and you were with great company and accomplished a great endeavor. You never cease to amaze me. Okay, so I'm your mom, but I'M PROUD!!
Love ya, Mom