Monday, June 30, 2008

VBS!

WOW! What a week! We have all been busy at VBS... and I had the privilege to be the director this year! I will say that it was definitely worth all of the hard work and it has been a blessing in my life... especially after recently moving from a wonderful church in NC where I felt very connected. Now, I have had the pleasure of getting to know many of the children and parents at our new church! Our theme was "Power Lab"... it was a science lab theme. We had 138 kids attend! They had an awesome time! I was proud of all of the children at VBS for everything they did for the mission project... we collected coloring books, crayons, stickers, etc for a local center that treats abused and neglected children. We also had each crew make a fleece blanket we donated to the center... it was definitely a hands on project for the kids!



No comments: